I had not read even a single word outside my academic reading until I finished my graduation. So after the graduation the fate pushed me into a corner and only the dark was there all around, no clarity in life. I started reading during that time and changed my life for better for ever.
It's been 20 years since then I have moved beyond those dark days but the habit of reading has stayed with me. And it has done tremendous help to me. Here are the 10 ways reading has helped me.
- whenever I needed a mentor in my life for taking any major decision at any stage, it's reading that came to my rescue.
- Reading can seriously damage your ignorance, it can liberate you profoundly. I did for me.
- You can visit around the earth, around space, your inner self, and magic world, stilling all in your sofa only through. I knew most through reading only.
- Reading led to my financial independence as I learnt to manage money.
- Making best friends with top minds of past and present reading the thoughts of great minds of the present and past. I could approach any great man, dead or alive, for advice through reading.
- Reading gave me understanding that the life is beyond just the job and mundane day to day activities. Reading helped me discover myself.
- Jim Rohn says Formal Education can make you living but self-education can make you a fortune. Self-education can only come from Reading, no other way.
Reading helps you discover yourself, it introduces you to yourself. Once you know yourself, the world becomes the most beautiful place, each moment you live becomes heavenly.
If one has only this habit he will someday find himself through this habit and then he will be able to discover himself. Otherwise, most of us are just wandering on this earth without a purpose, only in search of materialistic goals.